Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dan Fogelberg - Sometimes a Song.



Today I bought the "new" Dan Fogelberg single from iTunes, "Sometimes a Song". It's classic Fogelberg. Deceptively simple melody, clean guitar work, lyrics that ache with emotion, signature layered harmonies. It's one of those songs that make you smile, makes you want to cuddle up with your lover in front of the fireplace on a chilly Valentine's Day and sip a lovely glass of port. It's a bittersweet thing for me, hearing this song that he wrote for his wife for Valentines Day in 2005; knowing he had so much more music to give, grieving that the muse is now still. But Dan will live on in our hearts and minds and souls through the legacy of his music and through those he inspired as well.

100% of proceeds from all digital sales of "Sometimes a Song" will be donated to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. Untold thanks to Dan's wife, Jean, for sharing this intimate gift with all of us. Me? I'm off to learn it by tomorrow so I can pick it for my sweetheart on Valentine's Day, one Dan fan to another, because sometimes a song really is the only way to show him how much he means to me.

No comments: