Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cleaning Sucks



Someday I will hire a housekeeper. Simply put, cleaning sucks. Sure, everyone wants to live in a nice, clean, tidy environment.... Wait. No. No, actually I don't give a damn. I lied. I do give a damn, but not a big enough damn to do all that needs to be done on a regular basis. There's more important things to do than dust the TV. Like play guitar, or dig in the garden, or paint, or blog, or read, or sleep. As long as the kitchen and bathroom are clean, I'm pretty happy. How people keep house is beyond me. When do they have time? When my Mom was a stay-at-home mom, she had the whole house beautiful thing down. Every day was a different chore and I was her personal assistant. We hung laundry outside to dry, we washed windows and cabinets, we vacuumed everything to within an inch of its life and shined wood with the grain until my arm ached. She also sewed, knitted, crocheted, canned, gardened and leapt tall buildings in a single bound. When she became a working mother a lot of that crap came to a screeching halt. Or fell on me to accomplish when I was infinitely more interested in playing guitar, listening to records, painting or reading. Funny how the circle works. Then again, circles were made to be broken. Someday I will break it and hire a housekeeper.

No comments: